Maureen O’Sullivan, sparkling MGM star, truly is Ireland’s gift to Hollywood. Her winsome Irish beauty, laughing eyes, dark brown hair and impulsive giggle have made her a favorite with patrons of motion pictures everywhere. Although she has appeared in many productions, she is best remembered, perhaps, for her work in two Tarzan pictures. Here, this 24-year-old daughter of Old Ireland is shown with some of the gowns she wears in “Westpoint of The Air,” new MGM production.
1. A smart white wool bathing suit worn with a copper colored sail cloth skirt.
2. A feminine flying costume fashioned from white gabardine.
Hats to go with the various outfits.
3. This chic suit is of cocoa colored rabbits hair material shot with gold threads, a practical garment for traveling.
4. There is no soot or dust to modern air travel so Maureen O’Sullivan chooses this smart all white knit suit for the purpose.
5. For bridge or informal teas, this lovely ruffled white satin blouse ensemble is most appropriate. It is worn with black elbow length gloves, black satin skirt and large picture hot.
6. One of the new Spring prints worn with cape and belt of matching material.
7. This attractive gown features tiny pleated ruffles around the hemline, neck and sleeves. The material is white cross-barred organdy.
8. A beautiful evening gown of greenish cast silver lame, fashioned with sweeping train and high-cut bodice.
Brownsville Herald (Brownsville, Texas) Apr 21, 1935
Hammond Time (Hammond, Indiana) Aug 17, 1935
Nevada State Journal (Reno, Nevada) Apr 9, 1935